Ref. 16B – 24 January 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned job opportunities. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or Management.
- Applicants should specify for which of the five under-mentioned incubates he/she is applying for.
- SA citizenship.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English is essential and any other official local language will be helpful.
- A demonstrated and clearly articulated commitment to the environment.
- A commitment to career development in the environmental sector.
- Good leadership potential.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency.
Summary of duties:
- Environmental impact assessment incubate.
- Climate change incubate.
- Environmental audit incubate.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan open space system ecology incubate.
- Conservation incubates to help in the nature reserves and coastal areas.
The programme offers a stipend of R7100,00 to graduates. Successful candidates will commit to a contract of two-and-half (2.5) years with the Municipality.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to fill in an application form (available at the fifteenth floor, Lillian Diedericks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth, or on the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality website).
Applicants are also required to give recently certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of I D.
- Matric Certificate and or degree/diploma certificate.
- An abridged CV of not more than three pages.
Applications are to be e-mailed, posted and or delivered to the contact details below by the closing of
15th Floor, Lillian Diedericks Building,
Govan Mbeki Avenue,
Thursday, 31 January 2013 at 16h00