The National Department of Social Development (Pretoria) is offering an Internship Programme for the 2013/2014 financial year in the Pretoria centre (National Office). Applications are invited from the candidates who have completed a 3 year National Diploma/Bachelor and Honours’ degree/ Master’s Degree in the following study fields:
Study fields and qualifications:
- Degree: Social Science
- Degree: Community Development/Development Studies
- ND/Degree/BTech: Public Administration
- ND/Degree/BTech: Administration/Office Management
- ND/Degree/BTech: Management Studies/Business Management
- ND/Degree: LLB/Law/Paralegal Studies
- ND/Degree/BTech: Financial Management/Accounting
- ND/Degree/BTech: Corporate Governance/Public Management/Business Management
- Degree: International Relations/Political Science
Supply Chain Management
- ND/Degree/BTech: Logistics/Purchasing/Supply Chain Management
- ND/Degree/BSC: Information Technology/Software Development/Information Systems
- ND/Degree/BTech: Information Science/Records &Archival Management/Knowledge Management
- ND/Degree/BTech: Journalism/Marketing/Public Relations/Corporate Communications/Graphic Design
- Degree/Honours Degree: Social Science (Population Studies)/Population and Development/Health and Gender Studies/Environmental Studies/Development Studies
- Degree: Gender Studies
- ND/Degree: Youth Development/Policy Development/Social Science
- ND/Degree/BTech: HRM/HRD/Labour Relations
- ND/Degree/BTech: Management Services/Industrial Psychology/Production and Operations Management
- ND/Degree: Database Management
- ND/Degree: Project Management
The Programme will begin on 1 April 2013 and end on 31 March 2014.
The Interns will receive a monthly stipend as follows:
- R3, 785.25 per month for a National Diploma, Bachelors and Honours Degree;
- R4, 673.20 per month for a Master’s Degree.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should forward a Z83 Form, accompanied by a detailed CV and certified copies of their ID and qualifications (Matric certificate and Diploma/Degree certificate) to the following address:
National Department of Social Development
Directorate: Sector Education and Training
Private Bag X901
Or hand deliver at:
C/o Bosman and Pretorius Street
Ms Carmen van der Westhuizen or Ms Lebogang Monama
Ms Lebogang Monama on 012 312 7689 or Ms Esther Matjila on 012 312 7562.
Applications who have already participated in any Government Internship Programme will not be considered.
Applicant must be South African citizens.
The Department of Social Development is an equal opportunity employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Due to a large amount of correspondence we expect receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
8 February 2013